Reduced Energy Consumption
Drycom can be easily integrated into your existing processing plant.
Customers benefit from our vast experience in moisture measurement and control and enjoy a very rapid payback of their investment!
With installations in over 40 countries DRYCOM is a proven leader in the field of Industrial Moisture Measurement and Control.
With installations in over 40 countries DRYCOM is a proven leader in the field of Industrial Moisture Measurement and Control. DRYCOM customers benefit from our vast experience (over 35 years) in the area of moisture measurement and control and receive an appropriate moisture measurement system that is engineered to suit their requirements. The Streat Drycom-8 control on-line technology is widely used for the measurement and control of processing equipment including dryers, ovens, stenters, superwash and scouring lines, as well as a range of nonwoven production process lines.
Accurate on-line measurement of product moisture enables effective moisture control. Accurate information is power. Knowing what the actual conditions are in the product allows automatic control of product quality, its moisture content and direct costs.
The benefits of Drycom Moisture Control include:
- Increased profits
- Increased productivity (20-30% in some cases)
- Improved product consistency
- Improved downstream processing
- Reduced energy consumption
- Elimination of over-drying
- Reduced reprocessing
- Increased average moisture content (resulting in higher sales value)
- Reduction in customer complaints
- Reduced shade variations
- Optimised processing conditions
Contact our team to find out how Drycom can benefit your business
Drycom Moisture Measurement Systems are precision instruments that use a unique adaptation of the conductivity principle. Drycom Moisture Meters are proven to be accurate, reliable, robust and are designed to operate in hostile industrial environments.
Drycom Moisture Meters
- Can measure to 0% moisture content.
- Are not affected by variations in product thickness and density.
- Can accurately measure materials with highly variable moisture levels.
- Are not affected by surface characteristics and product temperature.
These features give Drycom Moisture Meters significant advantages over other conductivity instruments and equipment that uses capacitance and infra-red techniques. Drycom Moisture Meters measure moisture in products continuously and can be used in both on-line and off-line applications. Calibrations for a range of products and materials are stored in the memory of each meter and can be easily selected by the operator.
WHAT MAKES DRYCOM UNIQUE?
The Drycom Moisture Measurement and Control systems are popular and well proven for the control of moisture in a wide range of applications. Drycom moisture analyzer and meter systems are precision instruments that use a unique adaptation of the conductivity principle that allow the system to be engineered to provide the best solution for each application.
Drycom systems provide our customers with:
- Immediate, continuous and accurate moisture measurement.
- Up to three independent moisture sensors per Moisture Meter.
- Measurement to 0% Moisture Content, made possible by advanced sensor design, input
electronics and measurement algorithms.
- Sensors measure the entire thickness of the product, not just the surface.
- Readings that are not affected by surface presentation, colour, temperature, normal variations
in thickness or density of the product under test.
- Readings that take into account the moisture profile in the product.
- Measurement from 0% to approximately 2x the equilibrium moisture for the product under test
- Storage of multiple ‘recipes’ enabling accurate measurement (and control) of different products,
The Drycom Moisture Meter has many benefits over normal conductivity meters. Our system is a precision instrument that will provide you with accuracies of better than +/-0.5% for a uniformly dried sample.
Other Moisture Meters have a very limited range and poor accuracy, they are generally used as “indicators” rather than meters (i.e. they will indicate if a product lies in one of three bands; too wet; too dry; somewhere in the middle).
Example applications that DRYCOM is successfully used for include; Loose Fibre, Bale Moisture, Scouring, Cotton Bleaching, Nonwovens, Carpet, Towelling, Healthcare and Sanitary Products, Food Products, Yarn, Fabric, Wood Fibre & Sliver as well as natural and synthetic fibre production and related products.